Missouri Statutes : http://www.moga.mo.gov/
State Library Association: Missouri Library Association
Security Breach Notification Law : Mo. Rev. Stat. § 407.1500
Data Disposal Law: Mo. Stat. §288.360
Library Records Privacy:
REVISED STATUTES OF THE STATE OF MISSOURI TITLE 11. EDUCATION AND LIBRARIES CHAPTER 182. COUNTY AND CITY LIBRARIES–LIBRARIES GENERALLY LIBRARIES GENERALLY
§182.815 Disclosure of library records, definitions.
As used in this section and section 182.817, the following terms shall mean:
(1) "Library", any library established by the state or any political subdivision of the state, or combination thereof, by any community college district, or by any college or university, and any private library open to the public;
(2) "Library material", any book, document, film, record, art work, or other library property which a patron may use, borrow or request;
3) "Library record", any document, record, or other method of storing information retained, received or generated by a library that identifies a person or persons as having requested, used, or borrowed library material, and all other records identifying the names of library users. The term "library record" does not include nonidentifying material that may be retained for the purpose of studying or evaluating the circulation of library material in general.
§ 182.817. Disclosure of library records not required–exceptions
Notwithstanding the provisions of any other law to the contrary, no library or employee or agent of a library shall be required to release or disclose a library record or portion of a library record to any person or persons except:
(1) In response to a written request of the person identified in that record, according to procedures and forms giving written consent as determined by the library; or
(2) In response to an order issued by a court of competent jurisdiction upon a finding that the disclosure of such record is necessary to protect the public safety or to prosecute a crime.