Elisa Babel, MLS
Christmas is my favorite season–the decorations everywhere I go, festive lights in stores or peoples’ yards, delicious treats, presents, Christmas cards, and music in church and on the radio. To add an international flavor to the season, these are Christmas music CDs in my collection for an enhanced listening pleasure.
- World Christmas Party –Putumayo’s newest Christmas CD. Makes for an enjoyable background listen for a holiday party. Global styles include African, Latin, Caribbean, etc.
- Christmas Around the World–one of Putumayo’s earlier Christmas CDs. This has more classical songs including ones you may not have heard.
- New Orleans Christmas–if you prefer jazz and blues, this CD features the sounds of the Big Easy at Christmas. Don’t forget ALA Annual heads to New Orleans next June! (Note: Putumayo features a line of Louisiana CDs)
*Note: these Christmas CDs are part of Putumayo’s holiday music collection.
- World Christmas—from the Rough Guide Music’s “Think Global” series. Besides a few familiar songs, this CD features songs from countries you won’t normally hear about musically.
- And Winter Came—Enya: Released in 2008, I was excited to get this album since I’m a fan of her music. It’s a delightful listen and my favorite album. It beautifully captures the Christmas season. If you visit her website, it includes the lyrics and music videos of two songs from the album.
Wishing PUBLIB readers a wonderful holiday season! On an international note…
- Joyeux Noel–French
- Sretan Bozic–Croatian
- Linksmu Kaledu–Lithuanian
- Merry Christmas!!
*Special note: if your travels bring you to DC during the holiday season, check out the outdoor 6th Annual Holiday Market on the F St side of the Smithsonian Musuem of American Art.