Best of Publib Current Topics and Archives
This week in Best of Publib covers the week of November 23rd through November 30th. This week includes questions about the methodology of Library Journal’s Library Index, bandwidth management, libraries as art subjects, and library workplace violence. Some of the topics we will be reviewing include:
- Topic » LJ Index Misbehaving Data – Thomas Hennen of HALPR index questions the LJ index – Which is more transparent? See poll below !
- Topic » Library Gems – Marshall Shore is putting together programs on libraries that innovate – Can you recommend some?
- Topic » Tracking Reference Books Use – Alison Moss in Lafayette, Indiana wants to know – how do you derive your reference statistics?
- Topic » BLACKLISTING BANDWIDTH HOGS – Larry Hlavsa in New Ulm, Minnesota ask how you handle Hulu and Youtube when they disrupt service.
- Topic » Policy for viewing DVDs within library – Nicole Johnson in Loves Park, Illinois wants to know if you provide DVD players for in-house use.
- Topic » Libraries As Represented in Art – Michael Schofield in Florida would like some sources – Impressionists?
- Topic » 100th anniversary – Susan Riley in Mount Kisco, New York is having a party for her library – Ideas? Elizabeth Fraser tells us they go for the gold!
- Topic » Digital signage – PubLib list moderator Karen Schneider wants to know what sort of system you would recommend.
- Topic » CD book question – Mark Arend in Oshkosh, Wisconsin asks – What if a gift says: Not for sale to libraries?
- Topic » How to handle violent patrons? A violent workplace incident was reported out of the New York Public Library – How would you react? How should you react?
Take the Poll –
Please join us on BestofPublib Facebook
The Publib Archives
Filed under: Administration, Aquisitions, Circulation, Collection management, current topics, Departments, Disaster planning, Donations, Employment, Ethics, Finance, Friends Groups, Hardware, Interiors, Library Organization, Library Profession, Media selection, Multimedia, On-line, Outreach, Outreach programs, Personnel, Public relations, Public Services, Research, Security, Software, Technical Services, Technology, Terminology, Virtual