Best of Publib Current Topics and Archives
This week in Best of Publib includes some elegant and thoughtful discussions on collection development, the value of GSLIS programs and the future of public libraries – some of the topics we will be reviewing include:
- Topic - Cataloging 9/11 ‘conspiracy’ materials - do conspiracy ‘theories’ belong with the official truth, or in their own section?
- Topic - H1N1 sanitation redux – handwashing and inhaling in the swine flu era – librarians behind the mask.
- Topic - Jobs and People- including many permutations – Favorite Books, Library Education, Library Organizational Structure, Library Job Descriptions and Ethics.
- Topic – Missing the Boat – future of librarianship/ technology skills and the ups and downs of the MLS/MLIS – do we know enough?
- Topic – Nuke the Books – will the California book microwaving trend catch on across the US, is it just an isolated fad or a recipe for disaster?
- Topic - Is this thing on? – some libraries are allowing print reference to go out – what does this mean to circulation and collection provenance?
Please join us on BestofPublib Facebook
The Publib Archives
Please note that the list moderator has notified the readership that some postings are not that funny. You know who you are.
Filed under: Administration, Cataloging, Collection development, Collection management, Disaster planning, Employment, Ethics, GSLIS, Humor, Intellectual freedom, Library Profession, Personnel, Readers' advisory, Reference, Technology, Trustees, Uncategorized | Leave a comment »